Lithium Manganese Battery is a type of battery that uses many lithium button batteries (which were formerly called mercury batteries, but have gradually been replaced by lithium-manganese formula due to pollution and capacity reasons). The basic voltage is 3.0V, and the capacity can reach up to 1200mAH. This battery can be designed to be small, thin, and high-capacity. Additionally, because of its stable discharge curve, many high-tech products, such as motherboards, use it as a backup battery.
Furthermore, Lithium Battery, designed in a cylinder shape, has high capacity, low internal resistance, and can discharge large currents in an instant, making it an excellent choice for camera batteries. However, because the metal lithium used in it has a relatively high chemical activity, it should not be used excessively in the same battery to avoid the risk of explosion. So what are the charging issues with lithium manganese batteries, and what should we pay attention to?
1. Lithium-manganese batteries use low-boiling organic solvents, one of which is called dimethoxyethane (DME) with a low flash point in the production process. During the charging process, if the battery is not properly sealed, the lithium-manganese battery can heat up, causing the substance to volatilize, and it may catch fire if it encounters an electric spark.
2. During the charging process, the reaction inside the lithium-manganese battery will generate Li, which is an irregular crystal that looks like a tree branch and is called a dendrite. If the dendrite penetrates the diaphragm during growth, it may cause a short circuit inside the Li MnO2 cell, which may lead to combustion or explosion accidents. One CRl23A battery explosion can easily dismantle a camera into pieces.
Therefore, to avoid safety accidents, lithium-manganese batteries are marked with "not rechargeable". In addition, lithium-manganese batteries should not be disassembled or burned in the fire, nor should they be short-circuited or over-discharged to 0V, as these practices can be dangerous.
1. Short circuits are strictly prohibited, and recharging is prohibited.
2. Excessive discharge, squeezing, burning, or disassembly are strictly prohibited, and users are not allowed to assemble their own batteries.
3. It is strictly forbidden to use it outside the allowed temperature range or heat it up.
4. When the lithium-manganese battery reaches the termination voltage, it should be taken out in time.
5. Different types or old and new manganese dioxide primary lithium battery should not be mixed.
6. Used lithium-manganese batteries should be disposed of according to local environmental regulations and buried underground or thrown into the water.
HCB Battery Co., Ltd. was founded in 2004 as a leading manufacturer and solution provider of lithium primary batteries in China. HCB has always been committed to leading the research and development and manufacturing of various types of lithium primary batteries. With every improvement, HCB is constantly striving for perfection. Technology development and innovation are critical to HCB. For more than 17 years, we have been focused on providing reliable lithium primary batteries and services to customers around the world. Please feel free to contact us for more information.