Soft-pack lithium battery: It is a liquid lithium battery wrapped with a polymer shell. The structure type is packaged with aluminum-plastic film. In the case of potential safety hazards, the soft pack battery will only bulge and crack at most.
Hard-pack lithium battery: There are two types of subdivision: cylinder and square. The structure of the package has different advantages and disadvantages, mainly to deal with different market demand places. It is relatively difficult to ensure the consistency of hard-pack lithium batteries. There are more and more models, and the processing technology is difficult to be completely consistent. It is suitable for customized production and manufacturing, and it is not convenient for the automatic production of lithium batteries.
1. It has a wide range of use and is now very popular in the 3C digital industry.
2. In terms of the shape of the soft-packed polymer lithium battery. The soft pack can be changed to any shape. For motor vehicles, assembling the soft pack battery can increase the space of the motor vehicle. On the other hand, the assembly position of the soft pack battery is not affected by the structure type of the motor vehicle.
3. It is very thin, occupies a small space, and can make the battery thinner. The overall operation flexibility and matching of the soft pack battery are relatively high, and it has great temptation in terms of design ideas for enterprises.
4. High safety performance, the structure type of soft pack battery is packaged with aluminum plastic film. The biggest competitive advantage of aluminum film package is that it has a certain degree of softness. When the battery has safety performance problems, the soft pack battery will generally bulge and crack, and the liquid inside The leakage will not prevent the gas from being discharged and cause an explosion and fire. It is small in size and light in weight, and the soft-packed polymer lithium battery is light in weight, with large capacity, small internal resistance, and flexible design. Gradually showing competitive advantages and prominent dominant position.
5. Small internal resistance. The internal resistance of the soft pack battery is smaller than that of the lithium battery. At present, the minimum internal resistance of the soft pack battery cell can be less than 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the lithium battery pack.
The design is flexible, the shape of the soft-pack lithium battery can be customized according to the customer's market demand, and new cell models can be developed.
The difference between the soft pack and the hard pack of lithium batteries mainly refers to the material of the casing of the lithium battery pack. If there is a package on the outside, it is not easy to see. The battery body must be seen. The weight of the steel shell battery will be more important than that of the battery of the same volume. , but it is not easy to distinguish between aluminum shell and soft package, but soft package battery will be softer than aluminum shell battery, and it is easy to deform by hand.
The soft-pack lithium battery is 40% and 20% lighter than the steel-shell lithium battery and the aluminum-shell lithium battery of the same capacity, respectively. In terms of weight, soft-pack lithium batteries are much lighter than hard-pack lithium batteries, but the main weight ratio lies in the weight of the two casings.
Compared with the same size of steel case battery and aluminum case battery, the soft pack lithium battery is 10% to 15% and 5% to 10% higher respectively. Although in terms of capacity, the capacity of soft-pack lithium batteries is not much higher than that of hard-pack lithium batteries, but there is a certain gap between the two. For fields with high capacity requirements, the application of soft-pack lithium batteries is still higher than that of hard-pack lithium batteries. lithium battery.
Because the internal battery of the soft-pack lithium battery is liquid, its shape can usually have a variety of shapes. This feature has a great advantage over the hard-pack lithium battery in the fields that have specific requirements for the shape of the lithium battery. . The structure is packaged with aluminum-plastic film. In the event of a safety hazard, the soft-pack battery will only bulge and crack at most, but will not explode.