Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery uses metallic lithium as the negative electrode, heat treated electrolytic manganese dioxide as the positive electrode, and an electrolyte consisting of lithium perchlorate dissolved in mixed solvents such as propylene carbonate and ethylene glycol dimethyl ether.
Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery is a typical organic electrolyte lithium battery, which was invented and successfully developed by Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd. of Japan in 1975 and then pushed to market. The internal electrode structure of the battery can be designed and made into carbon packs, winding, and laminated types, and the battery shape can be designed and made into coins, cylindrical, and square shapes to meet the requirements of different sizes and current appliances.
Compared with other lithium batteries, it has relatively low material and manufacturing costs and good safety, making it the most widely used commercial lithium ion battery in the world today.
The Lithium Manganese Dioxide Battery uses metallic lithium as the negative electrode, heat treated electrolytic manganese dioxide as the positive electrode, and an electrolyte consisting of lithium perchlorate (or lithium triflate) dissolved in mixed solvents such as propylene carbonate and ethylene glycol dimethyl ether. Its discharge mechanism is different from the oxidation-reduction mechanism of general batteries, and the positive electrode reaction is a typical insertion reaction.
When the battery discharges, the negative electrode of lithium undergoes an oxidation reaction and forms lithium ions that dissolve in the electrolyte solution and migrate to the manganese dioxide positive electrode, where they embedded into the manganese dioxide lattice and promote the manganese to be reduced from four valence states to three valence states.
1. Low price: The positive electrode active material manganese dioxide uses electrolytic manganese dioxide, which is a relatively cheap material among lithium battery positive electrode active materials and can be widely promoted and applied;
2. Excellent battery performance: Its specific energy is 5-10 times that of dry batteries (about 230wh/kg or 500wh/l), the load voltage is 2.8V, and the discharge voltage is relatively stable. It can work in the range of -40℃ to +50℃;
3. Long battery storage life: The battery storage life at room temperature is more than 10 years, and the annual capacity loss is about 1%;
4. Safe and reliable battery: The battery does not generate gas during storage and discharge, and has good safety;
5. Various types of batteries: The batteries include button batteries, cylindrical batteries, and rectangular batteries, each of which has batteries with different sizes and structures, with capacities ranging from tens of milliamperes to hundreds of amperes. Therefore, it can meet the requirements of various applications.